What is the Fibonacci Engine?
The Fibonacci Engine (FE) is a sliding vane rotary heat engine which converts heat energy from just about any source, into powerful rotary shaft power. The FE can operate as an open-loop or closed-loop system, and has been called the "Ultimate Engine".
- The rotating shaft can be coupled to an electrical generator, or a vehicle's drive shaft, powering the wheels of a vehicle, or directly to the wheel itself.
- The FE is a highly efficient Rotary Engine, uniquely different & greatly improved over any other engine today. The improvements are not about add-on components, but involve its utter simplicity of design, and its excellent horsepower to weight ratio.
- It is a true rotary engine, unlike, for example, the Wankel engine, which is technically a planetary gear rotary, internal combustion engine. The FE is an external combustion system.
- There have been hundreds, if not thousands of attempts over the past 130 years to design an effective, efficient rotary steam engine. There are currently many contemporary rotary engine designs in various stages of development. To date, it appears each has been shown to have one or more fatal design flaws.
- Typically, when one design problem is solved, the so-called 'solution' creates even more design problems. An example of this flawed approach to engine design is the internal combustion engine. Engineers keep adding on components in order to reduce emissions, yet the fatal design flaws inherent within the engine itself, are hardly ever acknowledged.
- The FE incorporates Key Design Discoveries everyone observes everyday. The most important and critical of all the Design Keys is the use of the Fibonacci mathematical Ratio (1 to 1.618 . . . .)
- In order to fabricate a truly efficient Rotary Expander Vane Engine, the Fibonacci Ratio, as well as the Golden Mean Ratio, must be taken seriously.
- Other critical design keys have been discovered over the last 10 years of intense Research & Development. These additional Design Keys were also embodied into the final fabrication stages of the Fibonacci Steam Engine (FE-2), shown in the Videos to the right.
- The application of these critical design keys has provided the solutions necessary to overcome the historic problems typically associated with rotary vane devices.
- For example, the Fibonacci Seal System does not create excessive friction, yet provides excellent sealing, even with rapid variations in internal temperature ranges, as well as wide fluctuations in internal vapor pressures. The seal mechanisms self-adjust, are self-sealing, and also function as sliding valves.
- The FE (φ) can run on steam produced from heated water, yet is completely safe. Why? The water is not heated in a high pressure Boiler, but rather in a low- pressure Vapor Generator. The Engine Housing itself, can function as the key component as its own Vapor Generator.
- The FE is a very powerful engine system which operates by capturing the adiabatic expansion of a specially formulated confined vapor, or steam. The expansive power of that heated gas or vapor, is coupled, in addition, with the jet-like reactive thrust achieved by a small portion of that same heated vapor.
- The Fibonacci Engine (FE), in its most basic configuration, can provide low-cost electricity for homes, hybrid vehicles, as well as heating and cooling for commercial facilities.
- It is the ultimate expander engine for use in a co-generation Micro-combined Heating & Power system (micro-CHP). The engine can use as its working fluid, either water, or a special Organic Rankine Cycle (ORC) refrigerant.
- Solar energy, liquefied coal, natural gas, and waste heat are all viable heat sources for use in co-generation systems. One engine design even includes what may be the world's first hybrid Solar-Wind Engine.
- The wide-scale use of Renewable Energy resources can now become an affordable reality, not dependent on government subsidies.
- The Fibonacci Engine can help to greatly reduce our reliance on foreign oil, as well as our over-dependence on fossil fuels, in general. Even large hydroelectric plants can be retrofitted with a specialized variation of the engine configured as a water-driven turbine-type engine. It would then run the large electric turbine.
- In summary, the Fibonacci Engine in its most basic configuration, converts heat energy from just about any source into powerful rotary shaft motion. This rotary shaft motion can then be used to power an electrical generation system for your home, as well as power your vehicle.
Note: In order to view several pages on this web site, you will need the Site Password. Please fill out the form on the "Contact Info" page,
Copyright © 2013 Fibonacci Research Institute, All Rights Reserved
Fibonacci ATV (Concept Vehicle)
Faraday Optimized Rotary Steam EngineTM
(Research & Development: Stage One)